March 20, 2018
Highlights from this episode
- A gold jacket for Ed? - (00:15)
- This isn't Sarasota. - (1:10)
- Why are we in Orlando this week? Nick Bailey and Century 21! - (2:18)
- Century 21's new look and feel. - (3:15)
- Defy mediocrity and deliver extraordinary experiences. - (4:40)
- How does a real estate agent "defy mediocrity" for their customers? - (5:32)
- How will Century 21 be like Amazon and online banking?
- Century 21 Beggins recently closed the first fully digital transaction in Florida. - (8:20)
- Bitcoin to buy a house? - (9:10)
- Shelley wants a Century 21 crypto-currency? - (10:35)
- Nick explains why technology needs to be leveraged to improve the home buying/selling experience. - (12:10)
- Shelley tries to get Nick to spill the beans on Century 21's plans for the future. - (13:30)
- In the future the closing table may be your dining room table. - (13:48)
- Why people are actually using real estate agents to sell their homes today than every before. - (18:56)
- Nick's craziest real estate transaction. - (21:37)
- I got a guy! - (25:00)
- Ed asks Nick if has cloned himself. Really Ed? - (27:00)
- How to have a healthy work-life balance as a realtor. - (28:40)
- Apparently Danica Patrick has finally gotten over Ed. - (30:45)
- "Alexa, play Selling Sarasota Podcast." Try it. You'll like it. - (41:00)
- Ed wants to catch a mermaid? - (42:50)
Interview with Nick Bailey, President & CEO of Century 21 Global - (1:35)
"Century 21's new mission statement is "to defy mediocrity and deliver extraordinary experiences". Mediocre is when there is anxiety, stress, or it's not easy. When you remove these three things from the process it removes mediocrity. Everything we stand for is to defy mediocrity."
About Nick Bailey*
Nick Bailey was appointed president and chief executive officer for Century 21 Real Estate LLC in August 2017. In his role, Bailey leads the iconic C21® brand and the organization’s approximately 7,450 independently owned and operated offices and more than 115,000 independent sales professionals in 79 countries and territories worldwide.
Bailey has over 21 years of industry experience as a licensed broker, and opened a real estate brokerage where he actively listed and sold properties. He is a leader in franchising, brokerage, management, and technology, and is known as a trailblazing revenue-generating operator who increases margins while mitigating the impact of economic change.
Prior to his current post, Bailey served as Vice President, Broker Relations for the Zillow® Group, helping build the company’s strategic partners and relationships throughout the U.S. He helped drive the expansion of products and services and partnerships and the broadening of brand awareness across the real estate industry. Before that, he spent nearly 12 years at RE/MAX® world headquarters as vice president where he led the growth and development for numerous regional operations throughout the U.S.
Bailey started his real estate career at 17 when he began purchasing commercial and residential property and was awarded Entrepreneur of the Year from the Powell Valley Chamber of Commerce. He earned the moniker as the “go-to” resource for market and regional turnarounds and franchise startups after successfully building and managing diverse teams, developing hundreds of multi-site franchises and jumpstarting best practice initiatives.
One 21 Conference in Orlando - (34:24)
Shelley shares her experiences at the One 21 conference regarding Century 21's new branding and the new direction regarding technology's role in real estate.
More information here:
Why we support Easter Seals - (36:33)
Over $3 million has been contributed by Century 21 agents and corporate in 2017 and over $120 million since the program's inception in 1979.
What is Easterseals?*
For nearly 100 years, Easterseals has been the indispensable resource for people and families living with disabilities. Throughout all life’s moments – from the extraordinary to the ordinary and everything in between – Easterseals is here to help people and families realize and reach for their full potential.
Across the nation, we remove physical, cultural, attitudinal and legal obstacles so people with disabilities have every opportunity to live meaningful and productive lives, on their own terms. We exist to provide the best services and opportunities for people with disabilities in communities nationwide.
Easterseals serves people and families who face a wide range of disabilities, including physical emotional, intellectual, social and educational.
The CENTURY 21 System collaborates with Easterseals throughout the US and Canada to help local families access critical Easterseals services in their communities. CENTURY 21’s commitment to help people with disabilities live the life of their choosing and achieve their personal goals is evident in the significant contributions they’ve generated since 1979.
More information regarding Century 21's partnership with Easter Seals:
*This information is from Easter Seals website.
Shell & Tell Information
If you would like to have your questions answered on an upcoming Shell & Tell please contact us!
Links in this episode
Shelley Panas is a licensed REALTOR® with Century 21 Beggins Enterprises in Sarasota Florida. The information contained in this episode has been obtained through sources deemed reliable by Shelley Panas, her real estate broker, and / or any guest on Selling Sarasota Podcast, however, we cannot warrant the complete accuracy thereof subject to errors, omissions, change of price, rental or other conditions, prior sale, lease or financing, or withdrawal without notice. We recommend to our listeners that any information, which is of special interest, should be obtained through independent verification.