March 11, 2018
Highlights from this episode
- Ed's truly awfully horrible attempt at an Irish accent. - (1:40)
- An awkward game show reference. - (2:31)
- Why "The Local Flavor" is not a community calendar. - (2:40)
- How to narrow your options. - (3:09)
- Drummer to photographer. - (4:38)
- Shannon side steps a paint ball drone question from Ed. - (8:42)
- Ed admits he tried taking home photos for Shelley and can not replicate Shannon's work. - (11:00)
- A pep rally for Shannon. - (11:40)
- An amazingly clever segue followed by some bad puns. - (16:15)
- Was that the Road Runner in the studio? - (17:08)
- Hot dogs! - (17:50)
- The Road Runner returns. - (18:55)
- Shelley and the Marauder. - (19:30)
- The episode is named during recording. - (19:45)
- No loitering please. - (20:20)
- What is Century 21's "Golden Ruler" and how can it help you sell your home? - (22:50)
- Why Shelley is the realtor and Ed is NOT. - (26:45)
Interview with Shannon Corr of Shannon Corr Photography - (3:55)
A short discussion of the importance of great photography is important to the sale of a home. Shannon tells about how he got his start as a professional start taking photos documenting his experience as a drummer in a band in San Francisco. He then went to school and became an credentialed professional photographer.
Beyond being a master of the technical aspects of photography (lighting, composition, etc), Shannon brings an artistic perspective to his work that makes your home photos look more like a magazine than just an MLS listing. He recently expanded his services to include drone photography and video work.
While Shannon is an exceptional real estate photographer, he is not limited to just properties - he has a wide range of services including weddings, lifestyle, and portraits.
You can learn more about his work and contact Shannon Corr on his website or on Facebook.
The Local Flavor - Take me out to the ballgame! - (16:12)
Shelley and Ed headed out to enjoy a long standing Florida tradition - Spring Training baseball!
We went out on a Friday to see the Orioles play the Pirates at Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota and then the Pirates take on the Phillies at LECOM Park in Bradenton. The best part? The home team won both days! These parks are fantastic and the food is great at both so get out and enjoy a game before the regular season starts!
Spring Training Stadiums
Ed Smith Stadium
2700 12th St
Sarasota, FL 34237
1611 9th St W
Bradenton, FL 34205
The Price is Right! (How to price a home for sale. - (20:13)
Shelley talks about how to avoid the #1 mistake made in listing a home - pricing the home incorrectly. If you price it too high then looks like other homes are more of a value and will sell before yours. She also explains why the "price it high at first and discount later" will backfire and may prevent your home being sold at all.
How can listing analytics provided by Century 21 can help you price your home properly and adjust it after listing? Listen to this segment and contact Shelley directly for more details.
Shell & Tell Information
If you would like to have your questions answered on an upcoming Shell & Tell please contact us!
Links in this episode
- Shannon Corr Photography
- Ed Smith Stadium (Orioles)
- LECOM Park (Pirates)
- Century 21 Beggins Enterprises - Lakewood Ranch
- Sean on Fiverr (our amazing voice over artist)
- Audio Jungle (music for sale)
The information contained in this episode has been obtained through sources deemed reliable by Shelley Panas and / or any guest on Selling Sarasota Podcast, however, we cannot warrant the complete accuracy thereof subject to errors, omissions, change of price, rental or other conditions, prior sale, lease or financing, or withdrawal without notice. We recommend to our listeners that any information, which is of special interest, should be obtained through independent verification.