February 27, 2018
Highlights from this episode
- Shelley enjoys a Twizzler that is magically sugar free - (1:15)
- Ed forgets how to hit pause and use Google to double check info - (9:02)
- Check out Shelley's new country music hit "Corn dogs and champagne" - (12:44)
- What to do with a bomb shelter - (14:55)
- Why Tucker doesn't think Krystal should try paddleboarding - (23:38)
- How not to negotiate when you see the house you love - (25:45)
- Ed becomes quietly jealous of Krystal & Tucker - (26:47)
- The best first-time home buyer tip EVER - (29:30)
- Ed makes a new friend - (29:58)
- Realtor jokes avoided - (36:18)
- Ed demonstrates his best "Time-Life operator voice" - (40:12)
- We're voted "Florida's Favorite Podcast" - (41:32)
The Local Flavor - (3:10)
"Sushi and Superheroes"
We started the evening with dinner at Hana Sushi Lounge. Our favorites were the Origami Roll and Kiss of the Dragon Roll. Ed enjoyed the blonde ale by Naughty Monk Brewery so much we will be visiting them very soon for an episode of The Local Flavor!
After dinner we walked down the street to Lakewood Ranch Cinemas to see Black Panther (directed by Ryan Coogler not Ryan "Coogan") before we heard any of the spoilers all over social media. The movie was very good - easily one of our favorite Marvel films. Lakewood Ranch Cinemas is our favorite movie theater in town because they have a great combination of affordable prices, fun food, and friendly employees.
Local joints featured this episode
Hana Sushi Lounge
8126 Lakewood Main St #102
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
Naughty Monk Brewery
2507 Lakewood Ranch Blvd
Bradenton, FL 34211
Lakewood Ranch Cinemas
10715 Rodeo Dr
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
Cocktails with customers - (13:27)
In our first episode of Cocktails with Customers we visit with Tucker & Krystal who are first time home buyers in Bradenton. They share with us their reasons for settling down in Florida after years of traveling the country. After sampling just the toasted coconut rum with pineapple juice we enjoyed frozen pina coladas and chatted about Krystal & Tucker's adventures buying their first home and what their future plans are with their underground bomb shelter.
Shell & Tell - (30:25)
- Steve in Clearwater asks "Can I ask the seller to pay for the home inspection?" - (31:39)
- Bill in Sarasota asks "Why did the real estate agent ask me to declutter my house before listing? My home is very clean and organized and actually decorated quite nicely." - (35:55)
If you would like to have your questions answered on an upcoming Shell & Tell please contact us!
Links in this episode
The information contained in this episode has been obtained through sources deemed reliable by Shelley Panas and / or any guest on Selling Sarasota Podcast, however, we cannot warrant the complete accuracy thereof subject to errors, omissions, change of price, rental or other conditions, prior sale, lease or financing, or withdrawal without notice. We recommend to our listeners that any information, which is of special interest, should be obtained through independent verification.