It's the Final Walk-through
What's the point of a final walk-through after visiting the home several times and a home inspection?
- Double check to ensure anything on your negotiated repair checklist is complete as specified in the contract.
- Address any damage that was not-visible during or may have occurred after the inspection period.
- The home must be relatively clean. A higher level of cleaning can be negotiated before the walk-through, but the default is the home must be "broom swept".
Condition of the Home
Items That Convey
- Items that are included in the sale of the home are present and working as the were at the time of inspection.
How serious is the final walk-through? A sale isn't final until it is closed. Although there may be reprocussions, it can be canceled for almost any reason until the sale is completed at the closing, but typically this only happens with less than 3% of transactions. This being said, Shelley is not a lawyer, so please seek out legal advice for any specific real world issues.
The Local Flavor
We continued our tradition of celebrating Valentine's Day the day AFTER for minigolf, tacos, and rum!
Minigolf and GATORS!
Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf
3815 N Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34234
Best house margarita in town!
1603 N Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236
The rum is awesome, the rum cake is amazing!
Siesta Key Rum
2212 Industrial Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34234
We love dogs!
If you love dogs (or cats or other pets) check out Nate's. They are an exceptionally well run local pet shelter and adoption service.
Nate's Honor Animal Rescue
NATE’S PLACE RETAIL & ADOPTION CENTER
11-4: W Th F Su; 11-4: Sat
The Ranch Adoption Center
11am to 4pm: W Th F Su; 10am to 4pm: Sat
Shell & Tell
This is our first Q&A segment to answer your questions about real estate. This week's questions came to us through the contact page on our website.
- Robert in Lakewood Ranch wants to know how much should I expect to put down as a down payment or deposit?
- It depends on the sale, but enough of a down payment that the seller knows you are a serious buyer. Between 1% and 5% is common, but despited popular belief 20% is not required. Your deposit can also vary based on the type of loan you qualify for, so please see a mortgage lending professional for the best advice for your specific situation.
- Lisa in Gulf Gate asked can I buy a new home and sell my current home at the same time?
- Yes! This happens frequently, but the timing can be tricky. Simultaneous closings can be very challenging so the best way to do this is to allow a day or two or so of gap time between the sale of your current home and purchase of a new home to avoid unpleasant surprises at the time of the closings. Also having both transactions handled by the same title company can aid in the proper timing of both closings happening at the same time. If you have further questions about this contact Shelley at (941) 960-5115 or [email protected]
Do you have a question for Shelley?
Send them to "Shell & Tell" on our contact page or via our social media pages or call us at 941-677-3915.
The information contained in this episode has been obtained through sources deemed reliable by Shelley Panas and / or any guest on Selling Sarasota Podcast, however, we cannot warrant the complete accuracy thereof subject to errors, omissions, change of price, rental or other conditions, prior sale, lease or financing, or withdrawal without notice. We recommend to our listeners that any information, which is of special interest, should be obtained through independent verification.